Hyaluronic Acid...for hair?
Hyaluronic acid is the beauty ingredient responsible for hydrating and temporarily plumping up the skin to lessen the appearance of superfine lines—but did you know that it could benefit your hair as well? If you have yet to use hyaluronic acid in your hair care products, this is one ingredient you'll want to start using ASAP.
Tip: hyaluronic acid might appear as “sodium hyaluronate” on some product labels.
Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid
- Hydrates: The humectant-binding properties of hyaluronic acid perform similarly on hair fibers as it does on the skin, allowing the hair fibers to retain and seal in moisture.
- Reduces frizz: Hyaluronic acid also helps to seal the cuticle, which prevents unwanted moisture that causes frizzy hair and curl shrinkage.
- Plumps/Thickens: Theoretically, hyaluronic acid could help plump up dry, damaged hair. This plumping effect could be used for added volume at the roots, but additional ingredients would be needed to actually repair the damage.
- Scalp Help: Humectant molecules attract and bind moisture to the skin, allowing collagen to thrive in the skin and scalp so it can keep the scalp hydrated and prevent dryness.
- Revitalizes high porosity hair: Dry, damaged hair does not easily retain water but hyaluronic acid helps to fill in the cracks of the porous hair shaft and moisturize.
SolutionsWhen hair lacks moisture, it lacks shine, elasticity and bounce, making it brittle and harder to manage. Thirsty hair needs treatment fast; feeding it with essential moisture will give improved elasticity and a longer-lasting, healthy-looking shine.
BC BONACURE® Hyaluronic Moisture Kick by Schwarzkopf rebalances and delivers optimum levels of moisture to even the driest hair, improving strength increasing shine and eliminating static. For supple, shiny and moisturized hair, full of elasticity and bounce.
Hyaluronic Acid is widely used in skincare. However, it also plays an important role in haircare. It is renowned for its excellent plumping properties, and acts as an efficient hydrating agent that creates long-lasting moisture. It has the ability to attract and hold moisture, leaving the hair nourished and supple.
Hyaluronic Acid rebalances the moisture level of the hair. Cell Perfector Technology smooths the surface of the hair and brings beautiful suppleness, manageability, bounce and shine to each strand.
Sources: schwarzkopf-professionalusa.com, byrdie.com